Please read the guidelines below first to decide IF you need to ask permission to use a poem posted on this site.
You may use the poems on this site for the educational purposes listed below without asking permission.
Please note, you are required to give Robert Pottle credit as the author. You must also include the copyright notice on any printed copy. Although it is not required, a mention of this website, www.robertpottle.com, is appreciated.
- You may memorize any poem on this site to recite for a school lesson. If you are required to hand in a written copy of the poem, you may print no more copies than required by your teacher.
- You may include any poem on this site in a journal of favorite poems for a class assignment.
- Teachers, you may print out multiple copies of any poem on this site for school use. Please note, "school use" assumes the physical copies of the poems are to remain at school.
- Teachers, you may use any poem on this site for a student printing/writing practice. In, this case students are free to take home copies of the poem they printed.
- Teachers are free to use the poems on this site their classroom "Poem of the Day, Week, Month..."
If you wish to use one of the poems on this site as listed below you will need permission from Robert first. Use the form below to request permission. Using the poems in any manner not listed above, without permission, is considered a violation of copyright. If in doubt, ask.
- You must ask permission if you intend to use a poem outside an educational setting.
- You must ask permission if you intend to use a poem in any commercial setting.
- You must ask permission if you intend to display a poem or a depiction of a poem in a public setting.
- You must ask permission if intend to use a poem as a part of a workshop or conference.
You may not use the poems on this site for purposes listed below. Please be aware that Blue Lobster Press does enforce its copyright.
- You may not claim to have written any of the poems on this site.
- You may not change a few words and then claim to have written any of the poems on this site.
- You may not publish or distribute the poems on this site in any media, including but not limited to, print, electronic, or audio recording, without the written consent of the copyright holder.
Select who you want to contact from the box below and fill out the form.